Saturday, August 28, 2010

Kane Day Trip

Colleen and I have been in deliberation for the last few days regarding us taking some sort of "out-of-town" trip...nothing crazy, but a simple day trip with no expectations or responsibilities. We were trying to decide whether we wanted to take an overnight trip and leave our children with Colleen's parents for a night, or just take a day trip and take the kids with us at our own peril. We opted just to take the boys out for a day trip to Lahaska's Peddlers Village...sort of an old-town type touristy shopping area. I like it because there is a great coffee place and a place that sells a vast assortment of nuts (cashews, pecans, peanuts, et. al.). Colleen likes it because it has some stores that has things she's interested in...scrapbooking...home decor...et. al. Christopher likes it because there's a "window" [windmill] and "fisees" [fish]. (As an aside, I'd like to add that Christopher took two rides on the huge 90-year-old carousel there without screaming his fool head off! Truly a momentous occasion.) Matthew doesn't have an opinion about the place one way or another. I can say that both children and both adults were cooperative (pretty amazing if you ask me)...and all went better than expected. Of course I forgot my camera, so I used my cell phone...which was going swimmingly until the battery died. As if it isn't bad enough you're stuck taking pictures with a cell phone, which are typically shoddy at best, then it has to go and die on me. Although I did get some pictures of Matthew, Colleen, and even myself, the only usable, or even identifiable, pictures are of Christopher. So, aside from Matthew's apparent neglect, all went well.


1 comment:

  1. Bummer about the camera, but the pics you got are great! Christopher's obviously having a fantastic time running around and riding on the centenarian carousel horse. And that picture of him grinning...just melts your heart, doesn't it? Hope I get to see both the boys soon!

    ReplyDelete