We were, quite honestly, unsure of how well Christopher would adapt to having a new baby brother in the house. He is an extremely affectionate young boy, but he loves his parents. Colleen would contend that he is especially close to his daddy, but I'm not exactly sure I agree with that. Regardless, we actually thought that he would overt issues with Matthew getting a bunch of attention from his parents and feeling somewhat neglected. I have to be honest, I actually believed that he would be jealous and become a whiny puddle of hot mess...but I was wrong, and I'll be the first to admit it. On the contrary, Christopher has shown nothing but affection towards Matthew. He's constantly wanting to hold him, hug him, and kiss him....even "helps" daddy carry Matthew in his carrier into the car. Now, we didn't think that he would be the type of kid who would lash out towards Matthew, and we were right about that one. He has, however, accidentally hurt Matthew while trying to be affectionate...Matthews gotten a headbutt on more than one occasion, but all loving headbutts...so I guess its okay, right? I took some pictures to prove to the naysayers that our eldest son is a caring, compassionate, and loving big brother...
See? He even gave up his crib for his little brother...now that is truly a sacrifice.
Wow, those pictures of Christopher kissing his baby brother just make my heart melt! What a sweetheart! Matthew's lucky to have such a big-hearted brother. :)
ReplyDeleteThe funny thing is that he really seems to love his little brother. He just wants to be around him, hug, kiss, and hold him all the time. The best though is when we're all leaving and Matthew is in his carrier...Christopher demands to help me carry him. He walks along the opposite side of the carrier holding on the handle with me. It has to be adorable...I'll try to get Colleen to take a picture.
ReplyDelete