We are now completing our 4th week of Paternity Time. Alone time with Daddy is fleeting away very quickly...almost too quickly. I'm very much enjoying spending all this time with my boys. I've taken pictures when I've been able to do so, but, as anyone can imagine, when you've got 2 kids under the age of 3, extra time not doing anything is, fair to say, nonexistent. We've had many adventures, going outside to play, going to the grocery store, Christmas shopping, and surprising Nana for her birthday....just to name a few. I thought that I would share the photos I've taken thus far and, for lack of a better term, document the times we've had thus far.
Good pictures of the boys...
***************************************************
Christopher and Uncle Pat, "Hmmmmm.......let me think." (a slight alteration to Christopher and my rubbing our chins and saying, "Hmmmmm....let's see." but equally as cute.)


**************************************************
Christopher at the last Notre Dame game...rocking the kelly green jersey...well, sir, they're not quite number 1, but they did make a bowl...somehow...
Our earnings from Black Friday shopping. Its something I'm not proud of, but Colleen really enjoys it because she hangs out with her family. They really have a good time and that is fun to be a part of it. Seeing Colleen have a good time makes it all worth the b.s. (I'm usually Colleen's "safety buffer"...keeping the crazy people at a safe distance while she's walking through the stores.) The actual shopping part of it is...well, dare I say, bonus.
Matthew showing off his goodies...he was laughing up a storm at everything all evening and we decided to get it in pictures...
Nana Marianne with the Matt-Man...I'm not sure if he's trying to get away or he's just trying to watch whats on t.v....well, he could also be keeping a beat on Christopher who painfully adores him...and I mean that literally...
Most kids go to bed with toys of some kind...stuffed animals...cars...balls. Christopher? Nope, books. I don't have the heart to tell him that he can't take books to bed. Why would I discourage a good thing, right? "Daddy? You go bye-bye now?" Love it.
**************************************************
Some of "Bug's" antics....
1.) Running...which is all he ever does when he's awake and not otherwise consumed with eating or drinking
2.) Finding places for random objects....such as a beer bottle cap he found on the table at my mother-in-law's house that needed a place to stay. He found that Uncle Patrick's birthday cake was a perfect place for the bottle cap to roost...and elegantly modeled by cousin Emily.
3.) He got a package of random mini-baseball helmets from Aunt Christine...so they're always being placed on someone's head...he loves wearing them...
Matt-Man...
1.) Cradle-Cap...Matthew has Cradle-Cap pretty bad. One of the remedies for cradle-cap is to rub olive oil into the scalp, let it sit for 15 minutes, brush the scalp firmly (but not too firm obviously), then wash it out. We, and by "we" I mean "me", decided to take advantage of the opportunity to make funny hairstyles out of the hot mess on his head...this one was our favorite.
2.) Christopher looks like he's about to give Matt-Man bunny ears...he probably is...
3.) Matthew post bath-time with Daddy...
*************************************************
"You see, Dad, its actually quite elementary. If you're going to continually attempt to constrain me within the dark bowels of my bedroom at nap-time, then you really must evaluate the environment within the said, "bowels", if you will. Planning and initiating my plan of escape was quite simple, the escape itself gave me a fantastic and...dare I say...[snidely] quite amazing rush...[evil laughter] MWAHA-HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!! YOU CANNOT KEEP ME IMPRISONED WITHIN THE DARK CHASMS OF MY BEDROOM!!!!! YOU CANNOT DEFEAT ME!!!!! [more evil laughter] MWAHA-HAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!"
***************************************************
***************************************************
Surprising Nana Marianne at work for her 60th birthday. We brought her flowers and took her out to lunch. These were the best pictures I could get as I had my hands a bit full! Christopher, as you can tell, wasn't as interested in surprising Nana as he was getting to her office to play with the toy busses! But she was elated nonetheless. It was a great time for all of us.
***************************************************
The Boys:
No comments:
Post a Comment