Monday, December 20, 2010

The Kids with Santa

We learned from Colleen's cousin, Jacqueline, that a local burger-and-malt called "Knuckleheads" was hosting a "sit-with-Santa." Rather than driving 40-minutes to a place where I would have had to take the picture myself (not very likely to go down due to Christopher's lack of ability to focus on anything for very long and being an inherently easily-frightened little boy) or pay incredible amounts of money and stand in line for hours (at least seemingly so) just to have the whole photo-op not go down. This place is just around the corner from us, its small and somewhat inconspicuous, they took the pictures themselves, and, best of all, the photo-op was free to the customers. Knuckleheads called it "Breakfast with Santa". We scheduled with her family to meet at 11:00 for breakfast and to give it a go. Obviously, Matthew sitting with Santa wasn't a problem as he's relatively oblivious to his environment. Christopher, however, was having absolutely NO part of this sitting-with-Santa business. I had to play "Tigger" (a game I put on my iPod for him to play) my iPod touch as a bribe to get him to sit on the bench with Santa. He was compliant, although very shortly, and they were able to get a decent picture of him. I also took a video.
(don't mind the part where the camera movement, jagged and all over the place, makes it seem as if there was a scuffle of some kind. That was not the case at all...I was lifting him to the bench as that was the only way we could get him up there.)

These were pictures taken from the video clip above...


No comments:

Post a Comment