Friday, December 26, 2008

Christopher's Santa Picture

We waited until almost the last minute to get the "Santa" pictures, so we had to get them done at the local mall. The picture actually turned out pretty good, even though it makes him look like he's about 40 lbs. They did stick us pretty hard though. One sheet of pictures was $26!!!!! I almost hit the floor. Quite honestly, I don't know why I was surprised at all seeing as how it was a mall and it is, in fact, the American way to capitalize on common traditions and lore. We went ahead and ate the fee, agreeing to 1 page of assorted sized pictures with the thought that Colleen will, at least, have some good pictures to scrapbook when she does his 1st Christmas page.

Colleen did tell me of an area "farm" (I'm not exactly sure what this place sells, but it has "farm" in its name...hence the openning and closing ") that provides a Santa Claus every year free of charge to the patrons. The only requirement is that the patrons have to take the pictures themselves. I think that is a more-than-prompting proposition than getting rammed at the mall. The only hitch on that is that its about 10 miles from our house. Colleen actually offered that to me a few weeks ago, but I shot it down with the thought that driving that far to get a picture of Santa isn't very fiscally responsible. I've since rethought that position!





All that being said, he's Christopher's first picture with Santa Claus....





Enjoy

No comments:

Post a Comment