Christmas morning came upon us, and there was much rejoicing. Christopher, the night before Christmas Eve (would that Christmas Eve's Eve?....hmmmmm...) came down with some sort of respiratory problem. Not usually an issue that Colleen nor I would generally freak out about. We had to have some concern due to Colleen's father's recent medical diagnosis (which I will keep off the web for his sake). He cannot be around sick people right now because he could have some difficulty fighting infection...we'll just leave it at that. That being the case, coupled with Christopher's shallow breathing, wheezing, runny nose, horse noise-making, and "wet" coughing, we decided to call his doctor for advice. We went in and got a clean bill for Christopher to hang out with Pop-Pop and wall was well...the rejoicing continued...
Christmas day arrived and after Christopher's steambath with Mommy, per Doctor recommondation, he bathed in a vapor-soap bath. Had to be clean and as minimally congested for Christmas as possible.
The in-laws arrived and present openning and breakfast ensued. He got more things than anyone should, especially since this will not be a memory he retains (I'm sure he was relatively unaware of the goings on to the degree that everyone else was aware of the goings on). But he notably got a 3-piece suit from Grammy Stevie, a bit stuffed dog from his Uncle Patrick, which was his favorite of all the presents he recieved...don't know why, it just was.
He also got a weeble-wobble sort of penguin toy that he just sort of got...basically a baby punching bag that makes a lot of funny noises when he's teetering about. I love this picture because it looks as if he's saying,"Uhm...for real? And what the hell am I supposed to do with this?" And he got the new Elmo toy...Elmo Live (???). Anyways, he liked the laughing and other random and wierd sounds Elmo made...but apparently he got tired of Elmo and did some cool WWF moves on him....you see the reverse headlock pictured...this was soon followed by the suplex and the obligatory "People's Elbow". It was really too graphic to display in photos....lets just say Elmo's gonna need some medical attention.
Christopher's 1st Christmas was a good one. He got way too much stuff, but that sort of thing will happen. We'll have to decide what to do with the extras (I'm sure they'll be donated...we're going to try to make that an annual thing and, eventually, get him involved in the donation part of it).
I hope everyone had a wonderful Christmas....
From what I understand, the thing with Elmo Live is that he makes really terrible jokes ... maybe that's why Christopher lost his patience and did a Macho Man Randy Savage number on the poor thing.
ReplyDelete