Tuesday, December 16, 2008

Christmas Decorations and Boy


The Holiday Season is now upon us...tenfold. There's a lot going on in the world to entice us all to dwell on the negative. Between the buyouts, sellouts, bailouts and bombings going on all over the world it really is difficult to think of anything positive at all. But this is the time of year where, at least in my mind, things hopefully go alright and I get to see the love and bond between families and friends. I'm trying very hard to think positive....at least through Christmas. So, we all went out to get a tree, came home to decorate it and the house to prepare for the season of some hopeful optimism (we have a new president for example). Col and I decided to put the tree near the piano...which I thought was a nice touch. It looks very nice...my mediocre picture-taking ability definitely does the tree a great disservice. We also did the outside of the house. Nothing crazy...some light up snowflakes and present boxes. We have a wreath coming soon, too. I try to make it a point to only keep the lights up for a minimal amount of time (2 hours typically) so as to keep my electric bill down and keep it a little green (the lights are even low wattage lights that don't use much power...I was very excited to hear about that when I bought them). The pictures of the house are very bad. I'll try to replace them as soon as I can.


Of course, we had to get some shots of Christopher by the tree. What else is there to say? One more thing to say actually...look at the larger picture below, bottom gums....he's finally getting those teeth! Colleen and I are both very excited...I'm sure he's not at 2 a.m. when he wakes up in writhing and screaming in pain. (I can't begin to tell you how thankful I am for teething medicines!)


More pictures to come of Christmas...gifts to open and all that...gifts that he'll show little to no intrerest in, being more interested in the boxes and wrapping paper, but I'll tak what I can get atthis age!

2 comments:

  1. Wow, look at those gums...it looks like he's getting a whole phalanx of teethies all at once! No wonder he's uncomfortable and needs the medicine. (Judging by the pictures, though, I'd say his holiday spirit hasn't been dampened too much.) :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nah, he's taking it like a champ thus far...only wakes us up screaming occasionally...

    ReplyDelete