One of the things Trip Adviser recommended was a cool park called Mount Trashmore. Apparently, this was a park, located about 10-15 minutes from the beachfront, that was evolutionized from a landfill into a free recreation area. There is 1 small park with a picnic area, a huge hill (I can only assume that the hill is...or should I say "was"...the actual landfill, and a larger and more elaborate park on the other side of the hill. It was a very impressive spectacle to say the least. We went to the larger park with the boys and let them play a bit. It was rather hot, so we didn't stay awfully long, but it was a fun park. Christopher and I even took a trip up the hill to the top where we wrestled a bit and I taught him how to roll down a hill without killing himself. I almost killed myself with the momentum I created showing Christopher how to roll, but it was really rejuvenating and a lot of fun for all of us. The best part is that it was FREE! Free always makes fun things more fun!
Christopher rolling down the hill...sort of a work in progress.
| Nice view of downtown Virginia Beach from the top of Mt. Trashmore |
What a beautiful park! Christopher looks like he's doing an awesome job of rolling! Too bad you don't have video of you rolling down the hill, too. And I love the photos of the boys at the playground. Matthew is adorable, as always, and I love Christopher's "king of the hill" pose!
ReplyDeleteit was very impressive...thanks!
DeleteThis comment has been removed by the author.
Delete