Saturday, September 22, 2012

Makin' Da Pizzas, Eh?


 Colleen took a long weekend trip to Denver with a couple of her coworkers to visit another coworker who had recently moved to that area.  While she was away, I've been trying to spend some quality time with the boys.  My mother-in-law kept them Friday while I was at work.  Today, Saturday, I took the boys to breakfast at a local mom-and-pop shop where we dine from time to time.  We followed that with a trip to the grocery store and Walmart to buy Christopher a new bike helmet.  As I've been trying to pick up running (looks more like speed walking when I do it), so we decided to go for a ride today. I pushed Matthew in a car-wagon thing and Christopher rode his bike.  I usually go around the entire section, which is about 2 miles, but Christopher pooped out on me and we only got about 1/4 or 1/3 around the section and back.  I'll take what I can get I suppose.  We had some lunch, then we headed for nap time.  After the boys woke up, we decided to cook up some individual pizzas for the 3 of us.  I love cooking with the boys and they seemed to have a good time as well.




2 comments:

  1. Looks like they had a blast! But then why wouldn't they? They get to plan and decorate a pizza entirely according to their own specifications. I'm thinking we should give that a try, too, (especially since 2/3 of our household is VERY picky when it comes to food). Anyway, you are totally the fun dad, arranging all those fun activities for the boys. And running?! I'm impressed!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They did. I love getting them to cook. There's an easy peanut butter cookie recipe on line that I've used in the past with them. Christopher did very well with it as he's done it a couple of times, but Matthew was a bit too little. I ended up doing more cleaning than cooking, but what are you going to do? If you guys like peanut butter cookies I can email you the site. It's a Paul Dean recipe, but I opted to use it anyway! You can use sugar or splenda...either work.

      I don't know about the "fun" dad. Just trying to keep us all busy...especially when I'm riding solo! The busier we all are, the better my days are...you know what I mean?

      And yes, I'm attempting jogging. It's more like walking kinda fast when I jog, but it's something, right? I needed something different to try because I was losing my drive (gained 10 pounds since school let out last June!). This has rekindled the fire in me. I was walking around my section and thought, why don't I try to jog? So I alternate walking and jogging each block. I've actually enjoyed it and it's been great weather to be outside recently.

      Delete