Matthew had minor surgery today to get tubes put in. He's been fighting an ear infection since the end of November and we finally opted for tubes. As a celebration of his new "ears", he and Christopher decided to put on a little piano recital for us tonight before bed. It was a celebration of sorts of Matthew's new "freedom" from pain and actually being able to hear again. I can say that after the recital was over, I'm not sure anyone in the house could hear anymore, but it was a real joy to see the Matt-man back to "normal"...he was a bit on the cranky side, but that is to be expected given the circumstances.
I think this might be more of a free improvisation display...I'll call it "Variations on Aural Jubilation"...I like that one. Watch out Cecil Taylor.
Christopher is quite a little maestro, isn't he? I love his improvised piece! Kind of jazzy, but with a hint of Rite of Spring thrown in there for good measure (pun not intended). And Matthew is totally holding his own. They make quite a team when they're not kicking the you-know-what out of each other! :D
ReplyDeleteI'm so glad, by the way, that Matthew's ear surgery went off without a hitch, and that he's feeling so much better. This should be a big improvement for his life.