Monday, November 28, 2011

Christopher's Helping Hand

 As any of you who follow me and/or Colleen on Facebook already know...Matthew inadvertently took his first step last week.  We've been trying and trying with different tactics and offering an onslaught of encouragement for this monumental achievement, but to no avail.  The kid crawls as fast as a roach, can stand without any problem, and can even get himself to a standing position using only his hands and legs, but he seems to just be refusing to take it to the next level.  I can't even begin to explain the explosions of excitement that spewed from all of us when he did it.  It was great, but nothing since then.  He seems to have little interest in walking as he can get from one spot to another by simply crawling and I'm sure it's a lot easier on the quads, but what do I know?  Regardless, and to the point, we've ALL been trying very hard to get Matthew to walk...even Christopher, who relieved Mommy of her "getting-Matthew-to-walk" duties, taking over and walking in small circles with Matthew.  It was really something.  I have to say that even though the success of the outcome was only minimal as far as Matthew walking independently, it was kind of cool to sit back and what this 6 or 7 minute interaction between the boys.  Sometimes they really and truly amaze me.

No comments:

Post a Comment