Monday, April 5, 2010

Easter Egg Dying

Every year with the Tierney clan (that is my in-law family for those keeping score) seasonal festivities are tradition. These festivities usually involve holidays, themes, and food/booze (which definitely makes them pretty interesting if nothing else). Saturday night was no exception. Every year, usually the Easter-Eve, we all meet at Aunt Bet's house to dye Easter eggs. This is fun times for the kids because Aunt Bet's back yard is, quite literally, a mini-park -- fully equipped with swing sets, slides, basketball court, lots of riding toys, and a play house (among other things). The kids, then, have a nice place to play and the adults can sit on the chairs and benches and keep watch over the tykes while eating, drinking, and being merry (as adults should per Irish tradition). The dyes for the Easter eggs are always out and at the ready so that anyone can dye eggs at any time. Christopher was able, for really the first time, to sit up and dye the eggs...and, of course, I got pictures....

2 comments:

  1. Taking the pictures...and she's not a fan of having her picture taken. So when I get some photos, I have to get approval from her before I post them.

    ReplyDelete