Sunday, November 4, 2012
Super Storm Sandy
Last Sunday, Super Storm Sandy rocked the Northeast. I hadn't yet really endured the full throttled power of a hurricane, tagged as a super storm or otherwise. We dealt with Hurricane Irene a couple of summers ago, but that didn't really have much of an effect on us inland PA folk. This storm, however, really packed a wallop. I got a few pictures of my section (as it's called in Levittown..."neighborhood" everywhere else in the country), which was one of the worst areas hit in PA. I didn't get many pictures because by the time I got out of my house, there were already people out, many of whom, as you can imagine, were beyond emotional as they were looking at 40-50 foot tall oak trees on top of their houses and/or cars. It was crazy. Then to watch on the news what the storm did to the New Jersey coast line/shore...I'm still completely amazed at the whole thing. It was very a very scary experience. I posted as a status on facebook "Being from Kansas, I think there is something
to be said for the spontaneity of a tornado. Waiting for this huge storm
to hit is like waiting all day for the bully to beat you up after
school. Not a fan." The bully totally won this one!



Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment