Matthew turned 2-years old on Saturday. We threw a party at Colleen's mother's, Marianne, house. She has an above-ground pool and we thought it would be more fun to have that than to bear the heat and what not at our pool-less house! We, as usual made the cake...not from scratch, mind you (and thank you Duncan Hines for providing such wonderful instant cake mixtures that makes this whole process a much less tedious one!). We also had a lot of pool time for the kids. I think it was fun for everyone! We catered in a a dish and made the other two, saving us some cash on top of it, so it was a good experience all around!

The day started off a little suspect when an out-of-the-blue crazy thunder storm happened. We weren't sure this party was going to go down at all, but it did eventually subside and the festivities went on without any further hitches...well major ones anyway.
 |
| "What the hell is this?" |

After the rain subsided, we were able to commence with the birthday celebrations. Everyone gathered in my mother-in-law's sun porch and sang "Happy Birthday", then enjoyed, at least I'd like to think that, eating some cake and ice cream. Then again, who doesn't love them some cake and ice cream. I can think of no one who isn't out of their mind! Matthew was able to oblige everyone's hope and get himself all sulleyed up just like he was supposed to. Pics of the cake to come a bit later on.
The kids were able to drive on, through rain, sleet, or snow...no storm would take away from the fun! But, as I mentioned, the rains did subside and the kids were able to take advantage of the pool.
 |
| I just love this picture for some reason... |
There were gifts a-plenty and every kid seemed to have a good time....success. Below I will update the pics of cakes past, ending with our latest production. This one was Colleen's favorite. My favorite was our original cake, the Cubs baseball cake, but this one is a close second. I have to admit that the figurines on the Matthew's 2nd b-day cake were made by Kari's Cheesecakes here in Levittown. (
www.facebook.com/pages/karis-cheesecakes)
 |
| Christopher's 1st |
 |
| Christopher's 2nd |
 |
| Christopher's 3rd |
 |
| Matthew's 1st |
 |
| Christopher's 4th |
................................ DRUM ROLL PLEASE...................
 |
| Matthew's 2nd |
I cannot believe how awesome these cakes are. And the Sesame Street one is definitely the winner in my book. I'm wondering in particular how you got the yellow frosting so yellow? I have little containers of food coloring and you have to practically use the whole bottle to get anything approaching a bright color. But ANYWAY. I love love love the pictures! I'm so glad the weather cooperated and allowed you all to have the pool party you were hoping for. Matthew is so sweet and his face is so expressive (I think that's why I also like the one you mentioned). I'm glad it was a fantastic occasion!!
ReplyDelete