Sunday, after I returned home from Princeton, Colleen asked if I was up to taking a trip to Falls Township Park (not far from my house). The township was hosting a BBQ contest and had some games and inflatable jumping apparatuses for the kids. We stopped for a quick bite at one of the major BBQ joints I'd never been to before (it was above decent) then took the boys to the "jumpers". There were 3 jumping inflatables, but 2 of them were the same...Christopher opted for the one that had no other kids using it. This probably bodes well as it might be an early display of insight (for those who have met the boy...that might be an area where he'll lack as he ages). He jumped right in and went to town. Matthew, after dousing himself with a bottle of water gave it a try as well...he was not as impressed as Christopher, but he tried it out like a champ!
So, as Matthew was not such a fan, he promptly exited the "jumper", pointed and bee-lined right for the playground area. I quickly followed him (he's a lot faster than he looks to be if you to watch him walk), both of us leaving our Pennsylvanian jumping bean in Colleen's able care.
Christopher eventually joined us for a bit of playground fun time as we finished the "Park" leg of our Sunday afternoon. By the way, we missed the BBQ competition by 15-minutes...womp-womp-waaaah.
Finally, what better way to end the play-day than with a frozen treat from our favorite local ice cream establishment. Matthew was even willing to share his orange sherbet/vanilla twist with his big brother!


Christopher's totally showing his budding insight here. The bouncy castles are wayyy better if you've got them all to yourself. In that last one he looks like he's about to rough his brother up (although I bet Matthew could hold his own at this point). Love the slide photos, too! And how sweet of Matthew to share his delectable dessert. Does Christopher have a Spider-Man ice cream treat? Because I want one. Man, I can't WAIT to see the boys in a few weeks! They're getting to be so big!
ReplyDeleteI was thinking along those lines with that last picture as well. I thought that it looked like Xman had already knocked him down with a round-house kick and Matt-man was about to get back up and pour on the hurt! Yes, he can handle himself...he threw a Hot Wheel at Christopher the other day and beaned him in the dome because Christopher wouldn't let him play with his orange semi and trailer. Probably won't be the last physical altercation between the boys I'm sure. That was a Spider Man popsicle....good stuff. He has gumballs for eyeballs. We're very excited to see you guys too. I'm going to be finalizing some plans over the weekend and through next week so get ready for a phone call. You'll be the first person I call to set something up with!
DeleteYay!!
ReplyDelete