Saturday, February 27, 2010

Snow Play

After our 2nd Nor'easter storm, the official region-wide lock down (a.k.a. State of Emergency), and our son's steadily increasing cabin-fever, we all decided that maybe some snow-time would be in order. Unfortunately for us, it was absolutely frigid outside so we didn't get a lot of outside time in, but we fit in what we could. We did just enough to take a little bit of the edge off of Christopher's hyperactivity to keep him reeled for the remainder of the day. We were going to go back outside again the next day, but it was still frigid. We asked Christopher, who again had a heightened level of energy, if he wanted to go outside. He replied,"Nooooooo. Cooooooooold." So we opted to get him dressed and go to the local mall play area in the morning before it got over-populated with kids. That ended up being the best idea we've ever had as parents (to this point). He played for about an hour-and-a-half and ended up being very manageable for the remainder of the Nor'easter lock down. Below are some photographic memories of Christopher playing in the snow.

In his Winter Onsie


Not a fan of the mittens, but forgot once he got outside


Throwing snowballs....the first thing Daddy taught him to do with snow


our special needs snowman....I was trying to build one in a hurry because he was very cold and wanting to go inside. So we got a little one put up in about 5 minutes and called it a day.


the finished product

2 comments:

  1. He's so adorable all bundled up in his winter wear! And the special needs snowman is adorable, too, although I am concerned about his mismatched eyes. Makes me wonder about cataracts.

    I can't believe how big Christopher's getting, it's crazy! Such a sweetheart.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the snowman! I'm impressed you kept Christopher outside long enough for that!!

    And good work on the snowball lessons!!

    ReplyDelete