Saturday, June 28, 2008

in preparation

My family is coming tomorrow from Kansas for a visit. I have been extremely busy since my last day of school. The Friday I was out, I had to go help a family out for the weekend (the Gosslin family). I went to house for the weekend to take care of her husband. Her husband had a stroke some time ago and requires supervision. She's a nice lady and he's not incredibly difficult to manage so I usually agree. The money is usually right, too, which is an extra bonus. Anyway, my "boss" was out from Friday to Sunday. Then Colleen and I ran home and straightened up our house in preparation for Father's Day and to pick up Karen from the airport.

Karen stayed at our house for a week. We had a great time. She spent quite a bit of time with Christopher...I think they bonded pretty well despite Karen's initial apprehension about holding him and Chris' general tension from being either hungry or tired. We also visited Philadelphia a couple of times, once to the Mutter Museum (pictures weren't allowed, so we couldn't take any to post...sorry) and again to South Street (which is a famous street in Philadelphia for "off-kilter" stuff). The Mutter Museum was very cool...different, disturbing, and fascinating all wrapped up into a strange bubble. Definitely worth a visit if anyone is into doing other things besides running the stairs at the Philadelphia Museum of Art and posting with the Rocky statue. Christopher held us back on the different things we could do because of his feeding schedule and sleep schedule, but we made it work. Karen also got to taste another east-cost (especially Philadelphia) delicacy, Rita's Water Ice. For those of you who don't know, it can't be explained outside of you trying one...so come on up and give ol' Thomas, Colleen, and Christopher a visit!

The day after Karen left, Colleen, Christopher, and I were back and the Gosslin's house in NJ taking care of the husband again...this time for 9 days! I'm ready to sleep in my own bed! But, today is the last day for this part of my summer adventure.

Currently, Colleen, Christopher, and I have to prepare for a visit from my family. Yes, you heard it (read it...whatever), Thomas' family is flying in from Kansas. My mother (Stephanie) my sister (Marie) and her husband (Justin) and 3-year-old daughter (Isabella) are going to take residence in my home for some time. Marie, Justin, and Isabella are only staying for a week...leaving July 5th. My mother is staying for 6 weeks. Her stay is sort of a double whammy. She's going to help Colleen and I out for the summer by watching Christopher, which eliminates us having to pay for day-care for the summer. I'm sure, too, that my mother is excited about getting to spend some time with her new grandson...who she still has yet to meet in person. She's very excited, as am I about having them all come to visit.

So, this has been my summer thus far. I'll keep posting as entertaining things occur in my life.

PEACE!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment